The property short lets in London market has undergone something of a revolution since the launch of platforms like Airbnb and Home Away. These offer a shop window for short-term, flexible lets in London to corporate travellers, holidaymakers and sightseers from abroad and those who just want to have a short city break in the capital.
Renting a whole or part of someone’s home offers the visitor a home-from-home experience, with the character and personalisation of a real residence plus the opportunity to stay in some of London’s finest locations. There is so much more flexibility and variety than a hotel can offer, no wonder so many visitors are opting for short-term rentals in some of London’s most popular locations. Here are some of the best areas for property short lets in London
Best areas for property short lets in London
The great joy of a short-term let is the guest can pick and choose where they stay, enjoying fine architecture, a real community vibe and a central London location that offers culture, fashion outlets and international cuisine just a stroll away. Here are some of the most popular and trending areas in the capital:-
- Fitzrovia – in the heart of the West End, despite its buzzing central location, Fitzrovia has a friendly neighbourhood feel. Access Oxford Street, the British Museum and countless eateries tucked away in the passages and mews between Goodge Street and Percy Steet, supposedly with more restaurants per square mile than any other area of London
- Kensington – enjoy the retail experience that is Kensington High Street surrounding by beautiful leafy squares and with the famous Natural History Museum and the Science Museum just a stone’s throw away
- Covent Garden – stay in one of the streets around this historic piazza with exciting dining choices, world-class fashion boutiques and easy access to both the river and theatreland
- London Bridge – this riverside location is a popular tourist haunt, dine out at The Shard with spectacular views of Tower Bridge and enjoy the feel of ‘real London’ in an area steeped in history and with easy access to landmarks like The Tower of London. Stay in streets around the world-famous Borough Market and enjoy a genuine cosmopolitan flavour of London
- Paddington – sandwiched between the fashionable Notting Hill, two Royal Parks and the West End, this is a vibrant area of West London with lots of accommodation possibilities bordering pretty squares and gardens
- Westminster – this central London location stretches from the River Thames to Oxford Street and includes the Palace of Westminster, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey and Westminster Cathedral and much of the famous West End shopping district and theatreland
- Earl’s Court – located in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, Earl’s Court offers easy access to the retail delights of Kensington and has a cosmopolitan vibe with handsome crescents and residential areas. Peaceful leafy streets and mews are the perfect places to stay
- Notting Hill – beautifully captured in the film of the same name, Notting Hill is a cosmopolitan area with a village vibe bordering Kensington Gardens and home to Portobello Road Market as well as the famous Notting Hill Carnival. This unique corner of London is a blend of classic regency crescents in Holland Park fused with independent bars, restaurants and shops, a great place to live, stay and work
- Holland Park – Home to Celebrities such as the Beckham’s and Simon Cowell….This unique area of London is Holland Park, fused with a breathtaking park, luxury houses independent bars, restaurants and a great place to live or stay in London.
- Soho – The energetic streets of Soho, in the West End, feature a variety of dining, nightlife, and shopping options are the centre of activity day and night, and long-running Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club is also here. Soho has an amazing social scene and incredible buzz and is defiantly one of Londons top places to stay when visiting.
Short lets in London
Staying in a private property in central London has never been more popular for visitors to the capital, with an opportunity to experience the real flavour of this exciting and international city with authentic accommodation a much-preferred alternative to the generic, colourless offering of most hotels.
Although some areas are clearly hot favourites on the visitor list, almost any property can appeal if it is well located and well appointed.
What can The City Keys offer?
The City Keys are letting agents with a difference. We offer a fantastic short-term rentals management service with effective marketing across the major online platforms and all of the admin headaches managed for you from enquiries through booking to payment.
Marketing your property in a popular London location is both exciting and daunting at the same time. The City Keys can handle all of your property management so you can enjoy the benefits of flexible letting arrangements without the hassle of advertising, managing bookings and enquiries or handling lots of short-stay guests.
Lettings management has caught up with the revolution in short-term lettings. The City Keys leads the way with the expertise and experience to help your property fly. Why not take advantage of this exciting new world in flexible lettings and click here to see what The City Keys can do for you.